I am a Staff Software Engineer at Smoothwall. I work mainly in C++ on native Windows/macOS clients which integrate with cloud platforms for web-filtering and classroom management applications.
I have also been the Senior Software Engineer at Vertual Ltd., working on virtual reality medical training systems for radiotherapy. The majority of my day-to-day work there involved programming in C++ for a Windows-based desktop system, using OpenGL for graphics. However, I was also responsible for the firmware (written in C) for the company's custom hardware.
I have a PhD in Computing, and a BSc Hons 1st class in Computer Games Technology. In my free time, I'm a gamer, musician, electronics hobbyist, and all-round geek.
My blog/website: https://peter.bloomfield.online
- Arduino 10.7k 10.7k 99 gold badges4343 silver badges8787 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 5.1k 5.1k 2424 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Music: Practice & Theory 823 823 11 gold badge66 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Area 51 250 250 11 gold badge66 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 123 123 44 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 52 C++ vs. The Arduino Language?
- 47 GoogleTest: How to skip a test?
- 33 What can I do if I run out of Flash memory or SRAM?
- 31 What can I do if I run out of Flash memory or SRAM?
- 29 Difference between struct and enum?
- 28 Can a function be called automatically when an input changes?
- 28 Programming an Arduino using Python, rather than C/C++
- View more network posts →