I am a retired Telecommunications Engineer.
When I was at university the Electrical Engineering Department had an IBM Mainframe with a massive 1MB of memory. I almost got to use a PDP8 for my Masters project until the funding dried up.
In the early 1970s I started to design my own computer but abandoned it halfway when microprocessors were invented. I built my own (actually several) based on the 2650, and wrote my own DOS, Assembler, Basic Interpreter, Word Processor and Forth Compiler which I sold (with a partner) under the brand MicroByte.
Member for 6 years, 10 months
2 profile views
Last seen Jun 12 at 6:54
- Raspberry Pi 49.4k 49.4k 2525 gold badges8181 silver badges164164 bronze badges
- Ask Different 6.9k 6.9k 1616 gold badges5050 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- Arduino 1.6k 1.6k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 1.1k 1.1k 44 gold badges1313 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 319 How do I set up networking/WiFi/static IP address on Raspbian/Raspberry Pi OS?
- 278 How do I set up networking/WiFi/static IP address on Raspbian/Raspberry Pi OS?
- 152 List USB devices on OSX command line
- 98 How do I set up networking/WiFi/static IP address on Raspbian/Raspberry Pi OS?
- 94 Raspberry Pi Power Limitations
- 77 Raspberry Pi Power Limitations
- 68 How do I make serial work on the Raspberry Pi3 (PiZeroW, Pi4 or later models)
- View more network posts →