I recently posted When should I use a transistor, mosfet, and when should I use a relay? to see how the community would react. (Only 3 views so far so not really a big reaction yet, as you can see.) Here's the controversy:
Why it should stay here (obviously my own opinions here, add yours in the comments):
- That person would get outrageous downvotes from EE members because it is a simple question
- This site is for beginners and trying to get them to use Stack Exchange
- EE might refuse to answer it
- It still is applicable (if they do ask how to control it)
Why it should be migrated:
- It doesn't have to do much with Arduino besides if someone asks "How do I control it with Arduino"
- There would be overlap with EE.SE
The number of reasons for keeping it outnumbers the migrating, but those two reasons are very big. I doubt that the Stack Exchange team wants us creating duplicate sites with much overlap: it may be a matter of time until advanced questions start coming up here.
I do know that this is similar to other questions on meta but no real policy of on-the-fence questions has been established. What do you think we should do? How can we prevent this from happening on a daily basis if they aren't fit for Arduino.SE?