Could we rename Processing (the language) tag to Processing-lang, and merge signal- and text-processing tags to data-processing tag.
What does data-processing mean?
Although it's clear what processing refers to -- and I agree with renaming that tag to clarify that it's about the processing language itself; tag signal-processing and tag text-processing don't have any usage guidance. I'm leery of combining two already ill-defined groups of questions into another even less-well-defined group.
I can guess that signal-processing would include digital signal processing techniques (within the Arduino's capability), as well as analog filtering.
Browsing the 9 questions tagged text-processing, it's not clear to me what this tag actually means.
- how an Arduino program(sketch) deals with strings of text input and output?
- how the C pre-processor processes the text of the source code?
- how the Arduino-specific language elements work?
Is program-got-so-many-errors-about-expected-or-before-either really about text processing? Seems like this question turned out to be about why
#define dw 8; should not have the semicolon. Similarly arduino-program-got-error-expected-primary-expression-before-token-error doesn't contain anything that looks to me like text processing.
So since text-processing has only 9 questions, and 0 followers, and it's unclear how these questions are related, let's instead:
- rename processing to processing-lang as proposed by @Avamander
- shore up signal-processing with a clear tag wiki definition
- dispatch the 9 questions in text-processing to wherever they really belong (maybe string), then burninate text-processing.
- add [text] as a synonym for string
Re-tagging individual questions is a straightforward edit, but without a clear well-defined definition of what the tag is supposed to mean, it's harder to find related stuff.